Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Tips When Your Car Strike Hit By Floods
For those of you driving the car, be careful crossing streets under water. If not, your car can be broken down in the street.
Then, what should you do when a car hit by flooding? Here are some tips on handling the car after flooded quoted from various sources:
When the car hit by flood light:
- Check the condition of wheel bearings
- Check the condition of brake system
- Check the ABS system works
- Check the condition of tie rod and ball joint
- Check the condition of the engine and transmission oil, when mixed with water, replace with new ones
- Open the exhaust and air filter, if there is clean water and dry
- Make sure the engine can spin by rotating the pulley with the key
- Check the cylinder by opening the spark plugs, if there is water clean in a way start the engine with the spark plug condition is open all
- Check the completeness of electrical machines, such as starter, alternator, and the ECU. If there is water, clean and dry
- Check the appropriate components on the flood light and medium category, and check for components that are in the cabin.
- Check all the ECU, combination meter, tape, relays, and fuse, and all the connectors that exist in the cabin. Make sure all free of water, then wash and dry using a blower or hair dryer.
- Take the car to the garage to get further examination