Sunday, February 6, 2011

Natalie Portman May Win An Oscar For Her Black Swan Performance

It is hard to believe, but Natalie Portman may have broken the Star Wars curse. She may actually win an Oscar for her performance in Black Swan.

"There was no financing, so I just started training on my own. I'd call him and be like, 'I'm in ballet class, come watch.' I was trying to make sure this was actually going to be his next project," she says with an utterly dazzling smile . "Then they started getting the money together about six months before, and I was like, 'OK, let's get serious.' We were doing two hours a day; we went to five hours a day - I was doing swimming and toning, and three hours of ballet. And then, about two months out, we started doing eight hours because we added in the choreography.

"And then they lost the money.

"It was so grueling. And it's also the one art form where they starve themselves. So I was not eating very much, I was working out like a crazy person, and it just kept getting pushed and pushed. Which ended up being great, because it gave me more time to train."


No comments:

Post a Comment